Reelfoot Lake Photo Workshop
Where: Reelfoot Lake, Tiptonville, Tennessee
When: Working on firming up dates: June 23rd weekend or July 8th weekend 2017: Looking at expanding it to Friday Night, all day Saturday and Sunday morning.
Tuition : $499 | If you register by June 15th your tuition is $249! | 50% Discount | After June 15th $499
Class Size: 8-10 | SOLD OUT – Taking names for waiting list and will give discount.
Instructor: Pro Photographer Blair Ball
If you have any questions, or if you wish to register for this workshop, please email Blair Ball (email@example.com).
Looking to take your creative expression to the next level? Blair Ball Photo Workshops are designed to challenge you to reach new heights with your photography. Join instructor Blair Ball on a fun, enjoyable day at Reelfoot Lake. This instructional workshop will be both on land and in a pontoon boat. Learn first hand how you create photographs you’ve always dreamed of making!
Reelfoot is the only large natural lake in Tennessee, and gives its name to Lake County, Tennessee, in which it is located.
Reelfoot Lake State Park, located in the northwest corner of Tennessee, is one of the greatest hunting and fishing preserves in the nation. The lake encompasses 25,000 acres (15,000 of which are water) and harbors almost every kind of shore and wading bird, as well as the golden and American bald eagles. Other animals are also diverse and abundant here. Its many species of flowering and non-flowering plants attract botany enthusiasts from all over the country. Cypress dominates the margins of the lake, but many other trees and shrubs are also present. There are over 240 plus species of birds in the Reelfoot Lake area.
Friday Night the 8th
- Brief meeting at Bluebank Resort to discuss upcoming Saturday timelines and events. Get to meet one another. Tentative is 7:00 pm.
Saturday the 9th
- Sunrise from the banks of Reelfoot Lake. We will start early to get there at least 30 minutes before sunrise.
- 1/2 day pontoon boat trip around Reelfoot Lake. Looking for birds, (Egrets, Herons, Ducks, possible chicks). Also, stop for lotus flowers, and other natural animals.
- Lunch out on the lake. We will dock and have lunch at a local restaurant on the water.
- In the afternoon we will walk around the boardwalk area and photograph. Usually see dragonfly’s, frogs and birds.
- Sunset from the banks of Reelfoot Lake. We want to be in position at least 30 minutes before the sun sets.
As noted above, we will do some walking on this workshop. Walking will typically be easy. Every participant must complete and sign a standard liability waiver and medical form before participating in this workshop.
It’s approximately 120 from Memphis in Northwest Tennessee in a town called Tiptonville.
– Personal Photography instruction
– Boat transportation
– Location guiding
What’s Not Included
– Transportation to Reelfoot Lake
Don’t fret…if you don’t have some of this equipment. My good friend Roger at Lens Rentals has all of this available for rent at reasonable prices. http://www.lensrentals.com/
– Wide angle to normal zoom lenses (in the range of 17mm to 200mm)
– Longer telephoto zoom for wildlife (100-400mm)
– 1.4x teleconverter
– Electronic shutter release
– Neutral Density Filter
– Polarizing Filter
– Compact Flash or SD Cards (Bring Extras)
– Sturdy tripod
– Waterproof boots
– Bug repellant
– Pack to carry photo and personal gear
– Water bottle
– Clothing for warm weather
Our base of operations will be the Bluebank Resort at Reelfoot Lake. Please contact them or Reelfoot Lake Inn directly to reserve your room.
813 Lake Dr Hornbeak, TN 38232
Cypress Point Resort
3535 Tennessee 21 Tiptonville, TN 38079
Reelfoot Lake Inn
1520 State Route 21 East
Tiptonville, Tn 38079
Ph: 731-253-6845 | firstname.lastname@example.org